The Krome makes a fairly good MIDI controller for computer DAWs. Recently I kept running into the issue though where the keyboard was playing both internal VST sounds AND its own sounds. Grrr. This should be a simple operation in which you turn off the keyboard’s local control feature so it only plays sounds of external MIDI instruments. Problem was, I couldn’t find the LOCAL ON/OFF switch in the Krome. So I looked it up in the manual. It’s hidden well and requires multiple menus to locate. Press GLOBAL button, followed by PAGE button, followed by P1 MIDI soft button, then UNCHECK the LOCAL CONTROL ON button. Done.
- READ THE INTRO
- Yes, the Krome book is still available
- Krome acoustic piano sounds beautiful in the right hands
- SHOW them your chops!
- Limited time: Korg Krome book plus 60 days free support only $19.99!
- Commanding Korg Krome Vol 1 Now Available!
- Pattern recording on the Korg Krome
- Using your Krome as a MIDI controller
- Krometastic Combi Contest – Join in!
- 40 minutes of Krome improv